Sandwell BEAM is an Emotional Wellbeing Support Service for children in Sandwell. They have recently launched a telephone support service. Click the link for more information.
LGfL support for Parents
It is important children can talk about their concerns and do not bottle up their fears as they see change and worry around them, so don’t pretend nothing is happening:
As bereavement will tragically come to many school communities, check out the resources we made with Child Bereavement UK to support schools with this.
Parent guides to safety controls on wifi, mobiles, games and social media:
Home learning Department for Education https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-online-education-resources/coronavirus-covid-19-list-of-online-education-resources-for-home-education
Council support – https://www.sandwell.gov.uk/coronavirus
Booklet to explain it to children – cco childrens guide to coronavirus
Where can I go to get support to help keep my child safe online?
There is a lot of support available to keep your child safe online. Below are some useful links to help parents and carers:
- Thinkyouknow (advice from the National Crime Agency to stay safe online)
- Internet matters (support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online)
- Parent info (support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online)
- LGfL (support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online)
- Net-aware (support for parents and carers from the NSPCC)
Support for parents with safety online:
For information regarding meetings and workshops, please click on the links below:
Download Phonics Support Documents: