The Government has announced that new restrictions will be put in place to stop the spread of Covid-19 in Sandwell.
You must not leave or be outside of your home except for specific reasons.
You must stay at home as much as possible. Do not leave your home unless it’s absolutely essential that you go out.
Reasons you can leave your home include:
- To go to work if you cannot work from home.
- For education (school, college or university), training or childcare.
- To buy things from shops that are open, to collect items ordered through click-and-collect or takeaway, to obtain or deposit money or to access critical public services.
- To visit people in your support bubble or to provide childcare for children aged 13 and under as part of a childcare bubble.
- For medical appointments, to get tested for COVID-19, to avoid harm and for compassionate visits to someone who is dying.
- To exercise with people from your household or support bubble, or to meet one other person from outside your household for exercise outdoors.
There are some other limited circumstances for which you can leave home – check the full list on the Government website.
You must not have visitors to your home except for essential carers. You cannot meet with people you do not live with in a garden.
Fines will be given to anyone not following these lockdown restrictions.
Please click the link below to access the latest information on the NHS COVID App:
From today, new laws prohibiting social gatherings of more than six people come into effect in England. The new ‘rule of six’ simplifies and strengthens the rules on social gatherings, making them easier to understand and easier for the police to enforce. It means that – apart from a set of limited exemptions including education and work – any social gatherings of more than six people indoors or outdoors will be against the law.